From the chapter PART III Diary of the book “Guru Ramana – Memories and Notes” by S. S. Cohen.

23rd June

4-30 p.m. Mrs. F. Taleyarkhan hands Maharshi two letters. One is from Dr. T. N. Krishnaswamy, Madras, in which he writes that his own cow has given birth to a she- calf, which he has named Pushpam four hours after Lakshmi’s death, but that when later he heard of the latter, he turned the name to Lakshmi Pushpam. Bhagavan reads the letter aloud and gesticulates smilingly. The other letter is from Sri C. Rajagopalachariar, Governor-General of India, in which he accepts Mrs. Taleyarkhan’s invitation to open the temple which she has built over the Pathala Lingam, where Sri Maharshi spent the first six months of his stay at Tiruvannamalai in 1896.