Legends are not equated with recorded evidence by historians. A legend is accepted if there are enough corroborating evidences to support it. But recorded evidence is accepted much more directly than legends. So how should one consider the recorded evidence found in the Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple? Among the thousands of palm leaf records in the temple archives, one leaf shows certain important informations regarding the antiquity of the temple. It shows that the king Kotha Marthandan constructed the “Ahisravana Mandapa ” in the temple just after the demise of king Pareekshith following a snake bite.
To analyse the information
- Kali Yuga started on the day of demise of Sree Krishna.
- The present year in Kali Yuga is – 5104.
- It is said that the Mahabharatha war took place near the junction of Dwapara and Kali Yuga.
- It is also said that the Pandavas ruled for 36 years after the war.
- It is said that Sree Krishna also lived for another thirty six years after the war.
- That means the Mahabharatha war took place in 3138 B.C., Because, Christian Era started in 3102 B.C.
- It is seen that the Pandavas left for Vana Vasa ( to live as recluses in forest after handing over the kingdom to Pareekshith.
- That means Pareekshith became king in 3102 B.C.
- Pareekshith ruled for sixty years. That is up to 3042 B.C.
- It follows that he died in 3042 B.C.
- It means that the king Kotha Marthandan built the Abhisravana Mandapa of Sree Padmanabha Swamy Temple near about 3042 B.C.
- Astrologers have calculated from the information that Parrekshith ruled when seven planets were in conjuction in the Zoidiac division of Capricorn ( Makarom ); the event had taken place in 3177 B.C. Then it had taken place in 477 B.C. Now it will take place in 2223 AD. That is, the event takes place once in 2700 years and once the planet enter the constellation, they remain there for one hundred years. It follows that this particular “Saptharshi Yoga” occurred and lasted from 3177 to 3077 B.C.
- Pareekshith ruled from 3102 to 3042 B.C. The time frame is correct.
- It prove that Sree Padmanabha Swamy temple was already an ancient temple in 3042 B.C.
Courtesy: SURRENDER – sree padmanabha swamy temple renovation souvenir 2002